Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to change ownership of my old iPod. The advice here is to go to "Devices">"Summary">"Restore", but I find "Devices" does not offer "Restore" but only "Sync", "Transfer", "Backup", and a greyed "Restore from backup."

Trying to change ownership of my old iPod. The advice here is to go to "Devices">"Summary">"Restore", but I find "Devices" does not offer "Restore" but only "Sync", "Transfer", "Backup", and a greyed "Restore from backup."User uploaded file

iPod touch

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:26 AM

7 replies

May 4, 2015 8:05 AM in response to lllaass

Wish it were that easy.

Do you see the screen shot I posted with the question? When I am in iTunes and click on Devices, I can see options pop up on a side menu.

But they don't include a way to click on the iPod by itself. Instead it says:

"Sync Frederica's iPod"

"Transfer purchases from Frederica's iPod"

"Backup"

and a greyed "Restore from backup."

There is no "Restore." There is not even a way to click on my iPod, apart from those choices.

Suggestions?

May 4, 2015 11:29 AM in response to lllaass

What I don't understand is that your iTunes looks different from mine--just a little bit. You have 3 circles, red, yellow, and green, in the upper right end of the top bar. INstead I have a square that is half gray. When I click it, I get a menu very similar to the menu under "File."

The only place I see an entry for "Devices" is under "File," but it only gives the 4 options I mentioned before (see below). There is no "Summary."

Here's another screen shot after I added an album to music. Now all the choices under "Devices" are grayed.

User uploaded file

Trying to change ownership of my old iPod. The advice here is to go to "Devices">"Summary">"Restore", but I find "Devices" does not offer "Restore" but only "Sync", "Transfer", "Backup", and a greyed "Restore from backup."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.