Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTUBE not appearing on AppleTV

Last night, the YouTUBE icon suddenly disappeared from AppleTV.

We

• changed my location to my current location
  • reset Apple TV
  • reboot the wi-fi

Others suggested playing the movie on iPhone, iPad and then streaming onto AppleTV but that is out of the question.

How to fix this problem?

Apple TV (2nd generation)

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:00 AM

14 replies

May 4, 2015 12:02 PM in response to apple_user_now

apple_user_now wrote:

Others suggested playing the movie on iPhone, iPad and then streaming onto AppleTV but that is out of the question.

I'm not sure why you think It's out of the question, but YouTube doesn't seem to be able to stream from the iPad or iPhone over AirPlay without the native App. Not sure why this would be. I actually like navigating YouTube from my iPad, but that seems to be impossible now for some reason.

May 7, 2015 12:54 PM in response to vazandrew

> Not sure how removing a non functioning app is on purpose,

You may to be not sure!

>and you better go after every company who removed it because this isn't isolated to Apple TV.

The only device where this has happened for me is the Apple TV! Therefore I am here complaining about it!

Microsoft/Google has never removed any third-party app from my computer!

May 7, 2015 7:54 PM in response to Pegski1111

Pegski1111 wrote:

YouTUBe vanished from my AppleTV as well! So If I read correctly, google has removed it and so we are no longer able to watch YouTube using AppleTV?

Why did google do this? A lot of people are not going to be happy! I'm one of them!

YouTube was removed from the 1st and 2nd generation Apple TVs only. Third Generation Apple TVs continue to work with YouTube.

May 8, 2015 8:07 AM in response to enx23

enx23 wrote:

>Therefore I am here complaining about it!

wrong place this is a user helping user forum apple don't pop in to seek various posts about configuration and troubleshooting looking to find

posts with advice and threats of lawsuits those are best placed in the feedback channel or other means of contacting apple

http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

http://www.apple.com/contact/

YouTUBE not appearing on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.