Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.10.3 Retina black screen

My Macbook pro Retina 13.3inch , works fine before I updated to 10.10.3 version . After upgrading , it tends to turn black screen every 10-20mins by itself even after I turned on "never turn off the display".

I Tried the Command option P R method it didn't work .

When I start up my Mac , the keypad is light up , chime could be heard. But the screen is black .

Pls advice .

a little disappointed with apple 😟

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 4, 2015 8:45 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 9:25 AM in response to EllenMa

Hi EllenMa,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having intermittent display issues on your MacBook Pro. You have already completed a great troubleshooting step by trying to reset the parameter RAM, but the issue continued. To continue troubleshooting, I would suggest reading over the No video or no signal, image distortion, "snow," or flickering section in the attached article. Please work through the steps outlined in this section including resetting the SMC, resetting the resolution, and starting up in Safe Mode.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

10.10.3 Retina black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.