Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad2..Will I be able to make FaceTime calls to the USA from Scotland

I frequently make face time calls in the US. Traveling to Scotland and will have WI-FI access. Will I be able to make free Face time calls to the US?

Second Question: IPhone 5C, Verizon. If I buy a Sim card in Scotland, will I be able to make reasonably priced calls to the US? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks,

Tim

iPad 2

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:15 AM

First question's answer is yes, FaceTime should work from anywhere to anywhere (with the exception of those few Middle East Countries that forbid FaceTime).

Second question will be entirely dependent on the local carrier you choose and whatever their international long distance calling rates are. When investigating carrier's rates in Scotland, you might also ask Verizon about the costs of any of their international travel plans for comparison.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 7:15 AM in response to timgarvi

First question's answer is yes, FaceTime should work from anywhere to anywhere (with the exception of those few Middle East Countries that forbid FaceTime).

Second question will be entirely dependent on the local carrier you choose and whatever their international long distance calling rates are. When investigating carrier's rates in Scotland, you might also ask Verizon about the costs of any of their international travel plans for comparison.

May 4, 2015 7:07 AM in response to timgarvi

timgarvi wrote:

I frequently make face time calls in the US. Traveling to Scotland and will have WI-FI access. Will I be able to make free Face time calls to the US?

FaceTime is in and of itself free. The only cost associated with a FaceTime call would be the cost of the internet access to make said calls. As long as the Wifi connection you use is free, then FaceTime calls will be free.

timgarvi wrote:

Second Question: IPhone 5C, Verizon. If I buy a Sim card in Scotland, will I be able to make reasonably priced calls to the US? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks,

Tim

That is impossible to answer. As we don;t really know what is a reasonable price to you to make a call. However, you would need to research the local carriers to find out if any offer some pay as you go plans at a rate that is reasonable to you. Or if Verizon themselves offer international plans that would fit your budget.

Ipad2..Will I be able to make FaceTime calls to the USA from Scotland

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.