Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi calling option not available in my sttings 5s

I am trying to set up my 5s to enable wifi calling however the option to turn on wifi calling is not on my phone. I have gone to settings>phone but the option is not there. I am in the UK and on EE network so this feature should be available to me. Anyone help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 8:26 AM

A simple first step is to restart your router. Unplug it and let it rest for a moment or two, then plug it back in. While you're waiting, you might as well power down your iPhone also.

Be sure to read all the requirements for Wi-Fi calling here: Make a call over Wi-Fi - Apple Support.

The last step refers you to another Support document, here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support. In that document, Step 6 describe how to reset your iPhone's network settings. Do that also.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 8:26 AM in response to jaca89

A simple first step is to restart your router. Unplug it and let it rest for a moment or two, then plug it back in. While you're waiting, you might as well power down your iPhone also.

Be sure to read all the requirements for Wi-Fi calling here: Make a call over Wi-Fi - Apple Support.

The last step refers you to another Support document, here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support. In that document, Step 6 describe how to reset your iPhone's network settings. Do that also.

wifi calling option not available in my sttings 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.