Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subscription Question from Website to iPad

1. If I create a website and have users login and purchase a pricing plan from the site, then when they login to my App on the iPad, they can have access to all the features on the iPad. In this case, am I still required to give Apple a 30% cut?

A. What if the website doesn't have any features but just a landing page with login/signup and an option to purchase a pricing plan. Once user purchases the plan, they can then go to iPad and login and they'll have access to all the features based off their pricing plan. Would I still be required to give Apple a 30% cut?

2. What if I don't create a web app and all I have is an iPad app. If users can signup/login in the iPad app and if they want to upgrade to premium, they can purchase a subscription. Can I have a popup box asking them to purchase the subscription service on our website with a clickable link to my website inside the iPad app? What if I i don't have a clickable link to the website though so users won't be able to go from my iPad app to the web app and I just inform them and give them URL of website in the popup box in the app and it's not a clickable link. Is that allowed?. Would I still be required to give Apple a 30% cut?

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:19 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 7:34 AM in response to bmemon

You should post your question here.

iPad in Business and Education

My assumption is that any app that you want to develop to use on an iOS device will absolutely have to go through Apple and they will get their cut. Whether you have users sign up and log in on a website or not, if you want to have a viable iOS app available for them to use, it must go through Apple - at least for the sale of the app. I have no clue about how subscriptions work, but you are likely to get a better answer in the forum that I posted above.

Subscription Question from Website to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.