Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two separate mailbox lists in same account

My dad uses iOS Mail to access his Yahoo! account email. Over the weekend, it has split into two mailbox lists. All of those in the "top" list are also in the bottom list but not all those in the bottom list are in the top list. The top list is editable (you can slide them around or show/hide them) but the bottom list you cannot edit it. Also, the "sent" folder is only in the bottom list, it's not in the top list.

1) He has only one mail account on his iPhone

2) I've tried merging the two...cannot be done

3) His trash, junk, drafts were jumbled among the top mailbox list and I was able to drag them to the top.

4) he has a duplicate inbox, trash, drafts and junk (the count is the same in both lists)

5) When you look inside of a mailbox in the bottom list and then "go back" it takes you to the duplicate mailbox in the top list.

6) I rebooted the phone...no avail

7) He only creates mailboxes in Yahoo! on his desktop...no mailboxes were created on his phone

8) He has an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 8:34 AM

There are no replies.

Two separate mailbox lists in same account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.