Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monopoly for iPad

I Just bought Monopoly for iPad and it cost me £3.99 but when I started playing the game, the dice and cards are both blacked out.. The volume and effects volume control isn't there at all.

i'm using an iPad Air 2 with iOS 8.3. Can anyone please help me with this problems ?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:41 AM

Try to reset your device and force quit the app

Reset

Hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot. No data will be lost.

Force close an app

Double tap the home button. When you see the app previews on the screen scroll sideways if needed to get the preview in question on the screen. Flick that preview up and off the screen to close the app. Single tap the home button or home screen preview to exit the mode.

If that doesn't work you can try to delete it and reinstall it. Also look on the reviews for the apps. You may need to change the sort from 'most helpful' to 'most recent'. It's a good place to see if others are also having the issue. If none of that helps, try to contact the developers of the app and see what they can suggest.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 10:41 AM in response to Rai_Alex

Try to reset your device and force quit the app

Reset

Hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot. No data will be lost.

Force close an app

Double tap the home button. When you see the app previews on the screen scroll sideways if needed to get the preview in question on the screen. Flick that preview up and off the screen to close the app. Single tap the home button or home screen preview to exit the mode.

If that doesn't work you can try to delete it and reinstall it. Also look on the reviews for the apps. You may need to change the sort from 'most helpful' to 'most recent'. It's a good place to see if others are also having the issue. If none of that helps, try to contact the developers of the app and see what they can suggest.

Jan 20, 2016 4:54 PM in response to Rai_Alex

On the iPad Air 2 under the latest iOS 9.2 the cards, dice and houses are just blocks of black. If you have this problem be aware that it only occurs with the title "Monopoly for the iPad v1.1.65". This blacking out does NOT occur with the it title "Monopoly v1.2.63" for the iPhone! Hasbro apparently has stopped doing updates on the "Monopoly for the iPad" title. So, make sure you select the iPhone version when you buy the Monopoly game or you will not be able to see your dice. Bad software!!! Why the software asks you to down load it and pay for the iPad version when they don't even fix the problem after being told about it over a year ago is beyond me. Again bad software company!!!!

I Tried a force re and a reinstall and nothing fixes the problem except using the iphone app instead of the iPad app!! see my description above.

Monopoly for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.