Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access to OS X Server site blocked by router

My OSX Server was working well when I was connected directly to the internet, had a site and domain name. Today I added a wireless router, now trying to access the sites requires the usename and password of the router. How do I bypass authentication for requests bound to the Server sites? My inetrnal IPv4 address 192.168.1.33 shows the correct site.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2009), null

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:44 AM

The router probably intercepts all network traffic and has default webservices enabled.

Every web requests is not being relayed, but stops at your new wireless router.

You need to disable certain services on the router and enable port forwarding, so a request for the server website gets through to the right address.

Read the manual of your new wireless router and disable/enable services if needed.

Goodluck

Jeffrey

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 2:44 AM in response to acidking

The router probably intercepts all network traffic and has default webservices enabled.

Every web requests is not being relayed, but stops at your new wireless router.

You need to disable certain services on the router and enable port forwarding, so a request for the server website gets through to the right address.

Read the manual of your new wireless router and disable/enable services if needed.

Goodluck

Jeffrey

Access to OS X Server site blocked by router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.