Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Unibody Keyboard, Trackpad and Power Button Problem

Hi everyone,

My first post so please excuse me if i leave any vital info off this thread. My girlfriend has a Macbook 13 inch mid 2010) S/N 45******F5W and its developed an issue with the power button, keyboard and trackspad. The power button doesnt work at all and if the laptop runs out of battery or we shut it down i have to resort to the bodge job of taking the rear panel off and using a paper clip touched to pins 2 and 25 (or something like that, i forget) in order to get the mac to boot up.

The keyboard also doesnt work in OSX and no keys work however the caps lock light does come on. Im currenly posting this on the mac using an external keyboard. I can use the keyboard to enter various commands on start-up for example such as verbose mode and OSX Disk Utlities etc.

The trackpad works to a degree but quite often gets stuck on a click or left clicks when it should right click and visa versa....basically it sort of works but seems buggy.

Ive tried a lot of things after searching around various forums including resetting the PRAM, upgrading the OS to Yosemite, making sure 'mouse keys' is off, tried it in safe mode,

I did wonder if the issue was a previously installed version of 'Parallels' and when i entered kextstat -kl | awk ' !/apple/ { print $6 } ' into terminal it originally gave me a list

<Edited By Host>

Posted on May 4, 2015 8:13 AM

1 reply

Macbook Unibody Keyboard, Trackpad and Power Button Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.