Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15" 2013 Macbook Pro won't startup

Hope someone can help,

My early 2013 15" Macbook Pro Running latest Yosemite public beta (10.10.4) won't boot past the password screen, it was working OK this morning went out for a while and when I got home it looked as though it had restarted. Entered my password and the screen changes to show my user picture and name but no loading bar. I've tried to reboot to safe mode however same thing, no loading bar just user picture & my name. Next I tried booting into the recovery screen (CMD + R+ Power) no luck there either, the apple symbol shows with no progress bar. Next tried booting to internet recovery (Option+CMD+R+Power) again nothing globe comes up but stops spinning after a second. I've tried resetting the NVRAM (Option+CMD+P+R) which reset the NVRAM but did nothing for the problem also tried booting in verbose mode (CMD+V+Power) entered password and got the following:

efiboot loaded from device: Acpi(PNP0A03,0)/Pci(1FI2)/SATA(0,0)/HD(Part3,SigEB5D

FEAA-7BB1-44F7-93CB-4E6D33B5019B)

boot file path: \System\Library\CoreServices\Boot.efi

...****ERROR _CreateMenuWithWithIdentifier no image for file: 1_flag_menu_item.

png

**** ERROR_CreateMenuWithWithIdentifier no image for file: 72_flag_other_menu_i

tem.png

**** ERROR _LW__PositionUsersCarouselViews No lw->usersCarouselView or lw->singl

eUserView

**** ERROR ArchiveViewCreateWithOptions ArchiveCopyPNGImage failed for file: log

inui_bootprogressbar.png

root device uuid is '*********-****-****-****-************'

I'm at my wits end think I've tried everything and next stop genius bar but hoping someone can help?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 2.8Ghz i7, 16GB Ram, 768GB SSD

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:49 AM

3 replies

15" 2013 Macbook Pro won't startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.