Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snooze on Repeating Google Calendar Events

Hello,

I use Google Calendar to share family calendars on several devices. Several of our events are repeating, such as soccer practice, etc. I like having the reminders and being able to snooze them when they come up.

However... I've noticed that when I snooze a Google event, it creates a new alert in the actual calendar event for the "new" (snoozed) alert time. This is not a problem for single (non-recurring) events, but, for repeating events, it adds those new alerts to ALL of the events in the series. Pretty soon, all our future events have multiple alert times at obscure times (like 13mins, 44sec before event, for example). Every week or so, I have to do cleanup on our Google calendar to remove all of those new alert times. Very annoying.

This doesn't seem to be a problem for repeating events in the iOS calendar or on a synced Exchange calendar. If the snooze notifications for Google entries must be handled by iOS in this way, they should make it so the change is made only to the current event and not future ones.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:48 AM

There are no replies.

Snooze on Repeating Google Calendar Events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.