Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad shows 12.5 gb capacity and 1.0gb available but cant find that much data on ipad

i ipad shows that i have only 1 gb of storage left but i dont have very much on it as far as apps less than (2gb in total when i add them up). i do have 2 gb of movies and less than i gb of music and pictures combined.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:02 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 9:08 AM in response to fbjr1

I would suggest the following steps;

1. Back up your iPad to iTunes on your Computer.

2. Disconnect your device once done.

3. Back up to iCloud on your iPad.

4. Sign out of iCloud on your iPad, then sign back in again.

5. Reset your iPad by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously for about 15 seconds. After a few seconds, the display will go black - keep both buttons pressed all the time though - and then the display will come back on white, with a black Apple logo. Then let go of the buttons, and let your iPad reboot as normal, entering your passcode if used, when prompted.

6. Then reconnect to iTunes on your computer, and you should see your data has come down.

Don't worry, you won;t lose any data at all by resetting your iPad as described above.

Hope this helps.

ipad shows 12.5 gb capacity and 1.0gb available but cant find that much data on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.