Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Languages

Anyone else remember the "Think Different" advertisements from the late 80s?

I am beginning to think it should be re-written, "Think Different as long as it is the same as Apple"

Why can't I special order an Apple keyboard that is sold at Apple stores overseas?

For example, I am ready to purchase a new iMac and need a Thai keyboard here in the USA....I can get a US, Arabic, British, German, Western Spanish, French, Italian, Japaneses, Danish, Norwegian & Swedish keyboard when I order but, cannot order any of the other languages Apple currently manufactures.

Why doesn't Apple make ALL of their keyboards available as a special order item???????

I don't expect the local stores to stock them, but they should at least be able to be ordered!

And, no I don't want to put cheap tacky stickers on $4k computer.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:24 AM

3 replies

May 4, 2015 10:52 AM in response to CenLa Apps

CenLa Apps wrote:

Why doesn't Apple make ALL of their keyboards available as a special order item???????

Nobody in these forums can tell you why Apple doesn't do something you want. To ask for it, go to

http://www.apple.com/feedback

In meantime, have you already tried contacting an Apple retail store in an area like LA ( where I am guessing you live) to see if they have any way to get you one via special order. That is more likely possible than via the online Apple store.

Of course an iMac can use any make of wireless or usb keyboard, you don't need to have one from Apple. So perhaps you can find a Thai keyboard elsewhere, e.g.

http://www.amazon.com/Thai-English-Wired-Computer-Keyboard/dp/B0002JP072

May 4, 2015 10:57 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Yes, I have visited multiple Apple Stores (CA & LA).

I have also called the 800-MY-APPLE - pretty much all have the same attitude & smugness....I guess I will have to wait until my next trip to a third world country to receive first class customer service...

And Tom, I admit, I am ranting but, I am just getting tired of the shift and wonderful customer service Apple offered years ago to a more this is how we do it, you have no options and you will like it mentality.

Keyboard Languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.