Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I restore 8.1.2 version of iPhoto from Time Machine

My iMac is Intel Core 2 Duo, with 2 partitions, 10.10..3 and 10.6.8. I downloaded iPhoto 9.6.1 on the 10.10.3 partition recently and now the photos don’t show the events, the dates are there but not the events.

When I just opened iPhotos with my 10.6.8 partition, it asked for a library which I picked and told me

"You can't open your current photo librart using this version of iPhoto. You have made changes to your photo library using a newer version of iPhoto. Please wuit and use the latest version of iPhoto.", of course the newer version of iPhoto is not compatible with 10.6.8.

So how do I restore iPhoto 8.1.2 and the appropriate photo libraries, etc from my Time Machine backup to my 10.6.8 partition, what files, libraries, preferences etc. would I delete before restoring.

Thanks,

Stan

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mac OS X (10.10.3)

Posted on May 4, 2015 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 8:18 AM

You shouldn't need to delete anything. Just enter Time Machine and then Applications/iPhoto restore and then User/Home folder/Pictures/iPhoto Library restore.

3 replies

May 5, 2015 5:17 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric,

I did as you suggested from a backup from a week or so ago and I got the same error message. I then compared the present Pictures Folder with something a couple of months ago and saw that there were additional files in the newer Folder so just restored the whole Pictures Folder and it works fine, i just had to import some newer pictures.

Thanks again for your help,

Stan

how do I restore 8.1.2 version of iPhoto from Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.