Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro Tower 2008

Hi i have this Mac pro Tower 2008 With OS X Lion 10.7.5 and ima upgrade the old graphic card NCIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256 MB to an ATI Radeon HD 5750 connecting everything right, (with the PCI express cable) and the screen just turn black, even if i wait 10-30 minutes its still black and i really want this to work out. Ive read that if u install an new graphic card the screen shall be black during the boot up because that card don't have the boot. but even if it have been booting for like 30 minutes its black. the new graphic card works on a normal PC. and when i start the Mac the graphic cards start up but nothing happend

Please help !

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), just bought all and hope it works

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:23 AM

23 replies

May 4, 2015 10:57 AM in response to lllaass

the computer boots off 😝 and i use the Aux power cable yes, the thing i think it is that the old graphic card does not have this Aux power cable, but the new graphic card has 1 aux power cable. is there any installations in that use ? I'm replying from the mac computer right now, and I've got both graphic cards in it atm because i don't know whats the problem, i got the new graphic card in slot 1 and the old 1 in slot 2, the computer won't start up if i don't use the old graphic card.

Mac Pro Tower 2008

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.