Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access face time or imessage

Bought a new iPad mini but can not access face time or iMessage using my Apple ID SPOKE WITH Apple support and they stated it had been a problem for a few weeks and the engineers had no idea??? Was told the matter was to be escalated that was 8 days ago still no access or contact back f

iPad Mini 3 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:41 AM

4 replies

May 4, 2015 1:12 PM in response to 'shana

I tried both my existing and newly created apple ids nothing works...yet to get an response from the apple engineers.

Before IOS upgrade I am able to log in to iMessage/facetime but my messages aren't delivering to any of my iPhone contacts.

After IOS 8.3 upgrade the none of the apple ids are working,neither getting an error message nor logging in, stands in the same iMessage/facetime login page.

I think the issue is with ONLY iPAD mini3 not with any of the variant. Definitely the issue is not with the apple ids.

My friend got a brand new IPAD Mini,he is not facing any issues,both iMessage/facetime is working fine before and after IOS upgrade.I tried with my apple id too in his device its working fine there.

Aravi

May 4, 2015 2:02 PM in response to JMT32

I spent two hours in an Apple shop today talking with various advisors and phone support. It appears the technical team are struggling to work out the issue, as they confirmed its a known issue with newish accounts and the ipad3 mini apparrently. An account that i have used for a couple of years works fine in the Ipad mini 3, but an account that is old as only used on a Iphone3G and not imessage/facetime until recently doesnt work on the Ipad 3 mini as that account doesnt work for facetime or imessage, anyway unhelpfully they said that account will never work with no explanation, seems there is a few/lot of bugs with the apple servers!! So we went through creating a brand new account on an Ipad 2 mini, and that account works fine on the Ipad 2 mini but doesnt work on the Ipad 3 mini. Again unhelpfully they said, you should just get your money back and get another model!! Looking around there are many people with the imessage and facetime activation problem. The only slightly feasible issue is that if the recovery email for an account is the email for another apple id, but we removed that and still doesnt work. It appears to me that Apple are hiding the true problem or totally inept at finding the problem.

May 4, 2015 2:56 PM in response to pebro4

After six weeks of reading posts and dealing with this myself, I can tell you that it's something to do with the AppleIDs and Apple's servers or verifications. Or permissions.

This is my take on it.

People having this problem have some things in common

• Almost all have iPad Mini 3. A few have iPad Air 2
  • They have iOS 8.2 or 8.3
  • They have an AppleID that was never used for FaceTime or iMessage before about the middle of March. The AppleID might have been used, but not for iMessage or FaceTime

WIthin in that there are some puzzling inconsistencies. Some people can use FaceTime and iMessage on other devices but not the iPad Mini 3, other people can't use their AppleID for FaceTime and iMessage on any devices. And people who have old AppleIDs can use them on everything.

People who can use the AppleID on other devices for FaceTime and iMessage might have a different problem than those who can't use the AppleID anywhere else for FaceTime and iMessage.

My two cents. And for the record, I don't know why mine started working again but the engineers did have my account in test mode.

Can't access face time or imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.