Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iAd and Sitefinity

Good afternoon,

I work with a team that hosts one of our client's website on a web server using TelerikSitefinity CMS (Sitefinity 7.2.5320 Professional Edition). The website was designed and coded to be responsive so there isn't a separate mobile version of the site. Our client recently contracted an agency to produce mobile ads for them that will click through to various articles on their site. The agency is using iAd and has reached out telling us that there are issues with our pages since when they attempt to test their ads via tapping the ad, they are receiving a hard error instead of the page. Our team does not have much experience with iAd and when we test the URL's on the mobile devices we have in the office (iPhones - 5, 6, 6 plus iPad - 2 and 3) the pages load fine. Although we don't have much experience with iAd, some of us have worked in Ad Operations in the past and similar issues were usually the result of the the ad trafficking product often appending the click thru URL with tracking code. If anyone has any experience with a similar situation or knowledge that might help us determine the problem it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iAd-OTHER

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 11:41 AM

Rob

You guys know that you're going to need to post the details of these errors. Since your iDevices in-house are cool, you also know what that means - if you can;t reproduce it, you can't fix it. The details of the agency's gear are needed. The iAd Producer users should be right in the big middle of this debugging venture.

I asked our Hosts to move this to iiAd Producer forum - meanwhile you might want to poke around there and see what you find.

I use Google to search here [ search terms site:discussions.com ] and [ search terms site:support.com ] are very handy - if you have any messages, they often make good search terms

ÇÇÇ

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 11:41 AM in response to Rob_at_TKI

Rob

You guys know that you're going to need to post the details of these errors. Since your iDevices in-house are cool, you also know what that means - if you can;t reproduce it, you can't fix it. The details of the agency's gear are needed. The iAd Producer users should be right in the big middle of this debugging venture.

I asked our Hosts to move this to iiAd Producer forum - meanwhile you might want to poke around there and see what you find.

I use Google to search here [ search terms site:discussions.com ] and [ search terms site:support.com ] are very handy - if you have any messages, they often make good search terms

ÇÇÇ

May 4, 2015 11:41 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Thanks ChitlinsCC!

Apologies for the lack of specifics, unfortunately with our team not having any iAd experience we're in that toss stuff out there and see what gets traction mode. I completely agree with you though...... I had originally asked that the agency provide any troubleshooting data they could provide me (ex. Charles log files to see the ad calls, etc.) but it's sort of one of those "you host the site you figure it out" scenarios that I've sometimes seen when you have multiple parties (advertiser, publisher, agency, etc.) involved. Not the fairest situation to be put in but we do what we must sometimes. 🙂

I've also searched the error message they are seeing when they tap to click thru in both Google as well as Sitefinity's support boards. Unfortunately the error message is apparently too generic and the related topics involved totally different scenarios than the one we are experiencing. I'll check the iAd Producer board for any clues. Thanks again!

May 4, 2015 12:19 PM in response to Rob_at_TKI

Rob

I can almost promise you that there will be little or no progress without posting at the very least:

• website URL
  • App using the iAd Producer funkiness
  • Actions that produce the errors with detailed ActionFlow preceding the actions
  • the functions hoped to be achieved
  • exact error messages
  • details of iDevices failing
  • details of connection to the net
  • examples of where their iAd craftsmanship actually works with the function they intend

As I said before, if it works for ya'll in your shop - the issue MUST be with their gear and configuration. Simple process of elimination.

The agency position is one I have had to deal with in the past. They have to play nice, eventually. It IS in their best interest if they want to deliver their project and get paid.

iAd and Sitefinity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.