Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Sport Band Stain Issue

I have Apple Watch Sport SS with White Sport Band for over a week. I just started noticing the stains on the sport band. I thought it was just some dirt or smear, and I cleaned it with a dump cloth, but it appeared to be permanently stained. Is there anyone noticing the same issues? I understand that it may be easy to get stained due to the material, but just over a week? And I've been using it very carefully not to get wet.

User uploaded file

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 2:38 PM

Hi, I used Eucalyptus oil on my stained white sports band, it come up like new.

21 replies

May 6, 2015 10:47 AM in response to skipthedog

Hello there, skipthedog.

I'm sorry to hear your band seems to have a stain. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some practical information on how to clean the Apple Watch:

Cleaning and wearing Apple Watch - Apple Support

Clean and dry your Apple Watch

Keep your Apple Watch clean and dry. Use a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. Some models include one*. Because Apple Watch is splash and water resistant (but not waterproof), you can lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water.

Soaps, cleaning products, and abrasive materials shouldn't be used on your Apple Watch. Compressed air and external heat sources like hair dryers can cause damage.

To clean Apple Watch, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your Apple Watch, and remove it from the charger.
  2. Clean your Apple Watch with a recommended cloth. If needed, you can lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water.
  3. Dry your Apple Watch with a recommended cloth.

If the Digital Crown isn’t turning smoothly, learn how to clean it.

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Community.

Kind Regards,

Pedro.

May 8, 2015 9:47 PM in response to skipthedog

Ask how to clean the band, get a response on how to clean the watch. Typical.

White's a tough color, though.

Do this at your own risk, but have you tried rubbing a little harder (in a hidden spot first)? I ask because my blue sport band was making my wrist red and itchy so I took it off and rubbed it firmly with my fingers (nothing abrasive and no soap/chemicals) under running watch. That solved the issue suggesting there was some chemical on it from manufacturing. Maybe it's something similar in your case retaining grit.

Good luck!

-Patrick

Apple Watch Sport Band Stain Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.