Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore settings from iTunes backup after resetting?

Hi everyone,

I spent the last few days setting up my new iPhone 6 Plus and backed it up to iTunes this morning. Earlier today I used the "Reset All Settings" feature in an effort to resolve what I thought was a software issue. As expected, all my settings and preferences were cleared.

If I restore my iPhone to the last backup that I made before the reset, will my "personalization" settings be restored? I'm talking about the simple things like ringtones, wallpaper, app preferences (notifications, location services), etc. I'm hoping I don't have to manually go through and reset all the settings that were cleared, but I am not exactly sure what an iTunes backup includes.

Thank you!

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:46 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 11:11 AM in response to mjw2185

Hello, mjw2185

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand you need to restore your iPhone from your backup and have some questions regarding the process. If a recent backup was made either via iCloud or iTunes, personal information and settings should return. Only data up until the date and time of the backup will return. Here is more information regarding the backup process and what is included.

About backups in iCloud and iTunes

Cheers,

Jason H.

Restore settings from iTunes backup after resetting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.