Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After erasing and reinstalling OS X V 10.6.6 the applications disc will not load. Any ideas on how to get the additions apps such a iPhoto installed.

After erasing and reinstalling OS X V 10.6.6 the applications disc will not load. Any ideas on how to get the additions apps such a iPhoto installed.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:40 AM

4 replies

May 4, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Kurt Lang

I should have been more clear. I put the second disc in and I can see the various files listed but none will load from the disc. The disc is in good condition as it has never been used before. OS X reloaded just fine before trying the disc with the apps. Can they be downloaded from the Apple site? I did see where you might have to pay for them but that should not be the case if the disc doesn't work.

May 4, 2015 9:32 PM in response to frankjben

Can they be downloaded from the Apple site? I did see where you might have to pay for them but that should not be the case if the disc doesn't work.

No. The versions you're seeing to buy as online downloads in the App Store are the latest versions that won't run in Snow Leopard.

Kurt's suggestion, to try and get a replacement DVD from Apple, is your best course of action, even if you have to pay a nominal replacement charge.

If the DVD is not too damaged, you may be able to use Pacifist to extract the software you need. You'll need an older version of the software:

http://www.charlessoft.com/pacifist_olderversions.html

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.