Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPOD classic 6 will no longer stay in sleep mode. It's less than 2 years old

My IPOD classic 6th generation will no longer stay in sleep mode and it is less then 2 years old. It is running the battery down because of this. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? I have use the hold button when I put it in sleep mode. I have already restored my IPOD and that only worked temporarily. I've charged my battery fully and synced my IPOD and reset to the original settings my IPOD, but none of them worked.

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 4, 2015 11:21 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 1:21 AM in response to BUDDYBOY2500

Reset your iPod.

Turn the Hold switch on, then off again and then press-and-hold the Menu and Select (centre) buttons at the same time for at least ten seconds. During this time, you should see the Apple logo appear on the iPod. After a while (it could take up to four minutes) the iPod should display the Main Menu screen and it will be ready to go.

Then see if the iPod sleeps correctly. If it doesn't, you may need to Restore the iPod. To do that, connect it to your iTunes Library and by looking at the iPod through iTunes, you will see the Restore button.

Be aware that a Restore will remove all the content from your iPod and (if you if you use Sync to manage your iPod) put back only what is in your Library. If you use Manually Manage, then you will have to manually add back everything that you want to be on the iPod.

If neither of these steps cures the issue, that may suggest a hardware problem.

My IPOD classic 6 will no longer stay in sleep mode. It's less than 2 years old

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.