Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good email ending up in Junk folder...NOT marked as junk

I use Mac mail and iCloud as my mail service. I have good email from senders that are VIPs and others that I have mailed to in the past ending up in my Junk folder. The messages are NOT marked as Junk but they are still in my junk folder. Please help! I cannot continue using iCloud if I have to look everyday through my junk to find good email.

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:51 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 11:20 AM in response to glenfromboise

Hi, glenfromboise.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that iCloud has incorrectly identified some messages as junk mail. I would recommend going through the Troubleshooting false-positives section of the article below.

Troubleshooting false-positives

Due to the complexity of accurately detecting and filtering out junk mail, on rare occasions a legitimate email from a friendly source may be blocked from reaching your Inbox. This is called a false positive.

If you feel that a legitimate email message was inadvertently filtered, you may want to ask your friend to send a follow-up email to verify that the issue exists. If you notice that multiple email messages are being delayed, bounced, or not delivered, contact iCloud Support. Also make sure to check your Junk folder for email messages that were incorrectly marked as junk mail. To check your Junk folder at iCloud.com, choose the Mail application and click the Junk folder in the sidebar. Email messages in the Junk folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.

iCloud: Identifying and filtering junk mail

-Jason H.

Good email ending up in Junk folder...NOT marked as junk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.