Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

haptic on iwatch not working

Hi
my haptic notification stopped working. It worked on first couple of days and now even though I have the strength to the max I do not receive any tap on my wrist. No notification for incoming calls, messages, Whatsapp etc

What should I check?

Ross

Apple Watch

Posted on May 4, 2015 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:48 PM

Same here. I rebooted and the haptics came back. This is the second time this has happened to me and both times a reboot fixed it. Disappointing - hard to tell if this is a s/w or h/w problem, i also find the haptic to not be very noticeable and am wondering if i got a faulty unit.

15 replies

May 7, 2015 12:36 PM in response to rossellafromlondon

I am having the same problem, and no, I did not get it wet. The haptic was working fine, and then today (one week after I received the watch), the haptic stopped working on Messages. I still received the light taps reminding me to stand up, and email messages seem to trigger a light tap (even though I had the setting on Prominent). I had the haptic set to Prominent for Messages, but it either did not trigger when I received a message or it did not trigger at the Prominent setting. I rebooted the watch (for those of you trying to figure out how to reboot, see Restart or reset your Apple Watch - Apple Support), and I rebooted my phone, and now it is working again.

However, given that others have experienced this problem and rebooting only seems to fix the problem for a little while, I am waiting to see if/when it happens again. The only other thing that I can think of is that I did not wear my watch for two days (left it on the charger). It was working fine before the two day hiatus. That shouldn't make a difference, but does it?????

Jun 10, 2015 1:16 PM in response to rossellafromlondon

So the haptic stopped working again today. This represents the second time that the haptic has stopped functioning. It's been been running fine for the last month, and then randomly, after wearing the watch for several hours, I noticed no prominent haptic notifications were coming through (and they were this morning). I rebooted the watch and rebooted the phone and it is working again...for now.

Apple, please stop this from happening!!!!!!

haptic on iwatch not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.