Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails are deleted from my iPhone inbox when I open Outlook on my PC. Suggestions?

Emails are deleted from my iPhone when I open Outlook

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:45 AM

4 replies

May 4, 2015 11:56 AM in response to modular747

Thanks. Which type of account it is is confusing as the iPhone heading is IMAP account information but the host name starts pop.

...with my old phone I could download and retain messages on my phone if I read them on my phone first but they would not appear on my phone if I read them on PC first. That's fine. What I'd like to prevent is messages read ony phone then disappearing when I switch on outlook on my OC.. Is there a way?

One suggestion I read was leaving messages on the server but I figured that would just bust my quota on the server.

May 4, 2015 10:58 AM in response to modular747

Sorry. New to this.

if I open an email to read on my iPhone it stays in my inbox on my iPhone. When I then open Outlook on my laptop and check emails they disappear from my iPhone inbox. Im thinking it is an iPhone settings issue because it is happening on my new iPhone bought this weekend but did not happen on my old one.

it is a pop mail account.

May 4, 2015 1:30 PM in response to FailingMail

Assuming this is an iMAP account, your phone (and computer) mail apps mirror what's in the mail server at your provider. If you first view the mail on your computer. If the mail disappears from the phone's inbox, it's only because your computer is deleting/moving. The fact that you didn't see this with your old phone only means that it didn't update from the server properly. You need to check the settings in Outlook on your computer.

If this is actually a POP account, one client has no effect on another if the mail is already fetched.

Also, you you using the iOS Mail App or iOS Outlook on your phone?

Emails are deleted from my iPhone inbox when I open Outlook on my PC. Suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.