Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get iPhone apps on ipad

Got a new iPad mini 2. Have my contacts/calendar from iPhone 5c on it after signing in with icloud acct but don't know how to get all my apps on. Do I just need to put them on individually? And if so, how does it work for the ones I've purchased?

iPad Mini

Posted on May 4, 2015 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 1:11 PM

If you made a backup of your iPhone, and you wanted all the content on your iPhone to carry over to your iPad, you should have restored the iPad from that backup. Otherwise, you will need to download them individually.

Open the App Store, and you will find a "Purchased" tab in the bottom right. You can tap the "Install" or cloud icon to download apps. If the app is universal, meaning it's designed for both iPhone and iPad, the iPad version will be used. If it's an iPhone-only app, you can still download it, but it won't run in full screen, the screen will be scaled down to iPhone size. You can tap "2x" to magnify it but then the picture isn't as high quality.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Dverhague

If you made a backup of your iPhone, and you wanted all the content on your iPhone to carry over to your iPad, you should have restored the iPad from that backup. Otherwise, you will need to download them individually.

Open the App Store, and you will find a "Purchased" tab in the bottom right. You can tap the "Install" or cloud icon to download apps. If the app is universal, meaning it's designed for both iPhone and iPad, the iPad version will be used. If it's an iPhone-only app, you can still download it, but it won't run in full screen, the screen will be scaled down to iPhone size. You can tap "2x" to magnify it but then the picture isn't as high quality.

How to get iPhone apps on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.