Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tomtom feed for apple maps inaccurate

Hi,

Not to belabor the whole "Apple Maps" thing, but it's disturbing how inaccurate that it can be. I've even looked on the TomTom website for any place to give feedback (since Apple Maps uses TomTom data).

Yes, I've installed the Google Maps app and that works - but sometimes being an "Apple Fan" I try the built-in maps app.

Since they stopped using Google for their feed, it's been broken.

I searched for a friend who lives about 10 blocks from me, and it puts her an a city 300 miles south of us (though her address pointer still says the correct city).

I search for a store, or a cafe and it defaults to other countries. Or, says it can't be found even though it's a block from me.

I don't see anywhere to put feedback on the built-in Maps app. They may have removed it due to the millions of complaints (and I understand that).

My question is: Where can we send feedback about the Apple Maps app? (which is why I also had to post it in this forum)

Thanks

David

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on May 4, 2015 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 5:51 AM

You can supply feedback/corrections in the Maps App by touching the "i" at the lower right corner. Touch the Report a Problem link.

2 replies

May 4, 2015 1:26 PM in response to JimHdk

Hi JimHdk

Thanks for mentioning that. I've actually been doing that as much as possible - though dragging the pointer 300 miles north of where they put it sometimes proves tiring : )

My friend still shows in the wrong city though I've dragged the marker soooo many times!

Not sure what I'd do for the times I look for a restaurant and it searches in say, France and says "nothing found".

I appreciate your input and kind intentions 🙂

Tomtom feed for apple maps inaccurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.