Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off FindMyPhone on iOS 10.8.3 (iPad) without password

I am trying to restore my iPad which I have not updated with iCloud in some time. When I do so it tells me 'FindMyiPad' needs to be turned off to do so.

The problem is that I have since changed the account I use for iCloud on all my devices (but not this iPad). And I can't access this iCloud, or access the email associated (as it has been hacked) And to make matters more difficult, the security 'DoB' question is coming up 'incorrect' apparently.

My email was hacked a while ago along with my Apple ID being accessed (which is why I changed my iCloud account and AppleID on all of my devices). I can only think they changed my personal info for some sad reason...

Is there anyway I can turn off 'FindMyiPad' on my device without the password?

I am close to throwing away the thing to be honest as I have been trying to get this working for hours!! And I can't use the iPad without the password as it pops up every 10 seconds or so to ask me for it (very frustrating)!

Any help is appreciated 🙂

Posted on May 4, 2015 1:13 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 1:22 PM in response to BandBrothers

You can go to id.apple.com>click on reset password (under the Manage Apple ID button)>enter the email address for the iCloud Apple ID and then click on "next"> choose the email authentication method if you have access to the primary email address or the rescue email address or you can choose the Security Question Authentication method.

If neither of these options work, you can contact AppleCare Tech Support at 800-692-7753 (800-my-apple) and solicit their assistance.

Good luck!

How to turn off FindMyPhone on iOS 10.8.3 (iPad) without password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.