Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipadmini3 : imessage & facetime do not work

No Imessage connection and no facetime working on our new Ipad mini 3 - after a call opened at apple 2 weeks ago (escalated to upper level) : no answer !

It is just amizing ! for such a product .... very desapointed !

Paola

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 11:34 AM

11 replies

May 4, 2015 12:49 PM in response to paolafromwat

I am facing the same issue as well,I am not able to login to Imessage & facetime with my newly created apple id in my new Ipad mini3.

I replaced the product with the merchant but still the issues persists with the new one,looks like imessage & facetime is not working across all iPAD mini3.

I was able to log in to Imessage & Facetime initially however my message wasn't delivering to any of my iPhone contacts, then I tried the same after IOS 8.3 upgrade this time I am not able to log in to Imessage & Facetime,Its processing and stands in the same log in page,neither logging in nor gives an error message.I feel the issue is should be the IOS version.

Expecting a resolution from apple asap..very disappointed 😟

Aravi

May 4, 2015 1:39 PM in response to paolafromwat

It took a little over a month from the time I first called in on March 20 till my iMessage and FaceTime started working again.

It started working a week before my senior tech called to have me try signing in. He was surprised it had been working a week. I'm not sure why it started working. I'm not sure they do either, but the senior tech did think it was AppleID related. At least mine was. I'm not sure everyone's problem has the same cause though.

Mine originally worked then stopped. First messages weren't delivered then when I signed out I couldn't sign in. The whole story is over at Re: imessage and Facetime sign in activation error iPad ios8.1.2 when I first posted, then other people started having the same problem.

My ID didn't work anywhere to sign in to FaceTime/iMessage. My husband's worked on his iPod Touch but not my iPad Mini 3. My friend's worked on my iPad Mini 3 so we knew it wasn't hardware related. But I couldn't sign in on her iPad Mini 1 or my husband's iPod Touch.

May 6, 2015 6:47 PM in response to paolafromwat

I am now able to login with my old apple id which was created a year back,the same wasn't working a day before.

I did tried the aeroplane mode technic before trying my old apple id, not sure whether its working now coz of it.

Today I logged off from my old apple id and tried with the new one which was created last week,I am not able to log in successfully.Then I tried to log in back with my old apple id it dint worked either,I did the aeroplane mode technic after sometime I am able to log in with my old id.

Looks like the issue is neither with the software nor with the IPAD device, might be with the apple servers which is not verifying the newly created ID's and its interim with the existing ID's too.

I am happy somehow its working as of now,but I bought this IPAD to gift my friend back home in INDIA I cannot use my apple ID in it,Also since the issue is interim lots of thoughts running in my mind like what if its stop working after I hand over the gift to my friend who will be using this in India.

I am not getting any response from the APPLE engineers too 😟

I have only one week left for my merchant to accept the product for RETURN,so thinking!!!!!

Ipadmini3 : imessage & facetime do not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.