Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've bought a few random songs on my iPhone via iTunes, but they aren't available on my home computer which is an authorized device

I'm wondering if I've done something wrong--changed some settings maybe?--that is preventing those songs from being available. I've downloaded other things that are available on all my devices.

Windows 7, home computer

Posted on May 4, 2015 11:43 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 11:58 AM in response to babrad08

Howdy babrad08,

Provided that the purchases made on your iPhone were made using the same Apple ID, that your are signed in on iTunes on your computer using that same Apple ID, and that the songs are still available in the iTunes Store you should be able to download them again using the steps provided in this article -

iTunes 12 for Windows: Download previous purchases from the iTunes Store

If for some reason this is not working, you can also copy the songs directly from your iPhone to iTunes in the computer. Use the steps in this article -

iTunes 12 for Windows: Transfer iTunes Store purchases from iPod, iPhone, or iPad

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

I've bought a few random songs on my iPhone via iTunes, but they aren't available on my home computer which is an authorized device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.