Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant remember my pass code, i have deactivated "find my i phone" and tried to restore the phone, the restore is not just working on the phone what can i do please

I cant remember my pass code, i have deactivated "find my i phone" and tried to restore the phone, the restore is not just working on the phone what can i do please

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 1:27 PM

16 replies

May 4, 2015 1:50 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you @ChrisJ4203,

What i mean is that i tried the "find my iphone" option from the link you sent but didn't erase the pass code, but my phone has been erased from the account, also on my i tunes i could not automatically back up the device ; it is prompting to turnoff find my i phone.

Finally i tried to the recovery mode to restore and back up i but the error i get is that the process could not be completed.

Please advise on any other steps

thank you

May 4, 2015 1:52 PM in response to la4real

So you followed these steps exactly?

Find My iPhone

If you enabled Find My iPhone through iCloud, you can use it to erase your device.

1. Go to icloud.com/find.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your iCloud Apple ID.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the device you want to erase.
  5. Click "Erase [device]" to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Use the Setup Assistant on your device to restore the most recent backup.

Did you erase the device, or just remove it from iCloud?

May 4, 2015 2:23 PM in response to la4real

You need to plug it into iTunes - Hold down the home / sleep wake button the same time while it is plugged in iTunes and this will put in in recovery mode to do the reset.

This will allow to to reset and bypass "enter pass code"

You can use this for step by step instructions

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

May 4, 2015 2:27 PM in response to la4real

Then it sounds as if you are not getting the device into recovery mode. When you plug the device into the computer and iTunes, it should show a prompt that it has found a device in recovery mode. If you follow the steps for recovery mode when you read the link I provided you earlier. You may have to attempt this step more than once.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.