Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OMG!

I made a VERY stupid mistake and let MacKeeper load their program on my MacBookPro. Is there a way to wipe that crap from my PC and get back the contents of iPhoto? It was all, (thousands) deleted by this program.

Posted on May 4, 2015 12:00 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2015 1:07 PM in response to Scottsabby

I accidentally installed that crap (MacKeeper) on my computer and my Google Chrome browser got ruined for good.

After I manually removed any related MacKeeper files and even deinstalled and reinstalled

Chrome, the adware came back with multiple shady ads on my browser's windows.

The only solution it worked for me was to reformat my hard drive by doing

the fresh reinstallation of OSX. After that no more bloody MacKeeper. This is why it's important to backup all your

files. I used my regular backup hard drive instead of Time Machine so I don't know whether MacKeepr can corrupt

Time Machine if it was backing your whole computer during the moment when the MacKeepr got donwloaded and installed.

In summary, erasing your Mac and reinstalling your latest OSX seems to be the most effective way to get rid of any persistent adwares.

I don't like this solution but sometimes you gotta do it if the problem comes back over and over.

OMG!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.