Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

difficulty charging

My iPad 2 is failing to charge properly. It switches off and on (without me doing it).

If I use it, it works for a few minutes and then switches off.

It will charge a little - up to about 11%. I have wiped all the games off it (my grandchildrens)

Has anyone else had similar problems and does anyone have any ideas? I have followed all the trouble shooting advice.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 12:41 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Welsh Carolyn

First thing to check is the cable and charger. There aren't too many things that prevent an iPad from charging.

1. Bad cable. Try a different Apple or name brand cable.

2. Bad Charger. Try a different known good charger plugged into a known good wall outlet.

3. Dirt, lint or fuzz in the connection ports. Check and carefully clean with a wooden toothpick is needed.

4. Software failure. Reset the iPad. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

5. Hardware failure. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support. Be sure to back up your device before taking or sending it to Apple.

difficulty charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.