Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get rid of Match.

I want to get rid of Match. I hate it. Just want my old iTunes back with all my music on my Mac or iPhone where I put it in the first place. It takes the music I have downloaded off my phone and iPad without prompting me. Pulls crap from the cloud I don't want to listen to and uses up my data. I am often in places where I have no wifi or internet and so cannot listen to music on my Mac cause it's not there anymore. If I knew what a nightmare it would be to have my music deleted from my computer I would never have signed up for this service, which doesn't serve me at all. Help. How do I get rid of it and get my music back, much of which was ripped from my cd's (many of which were destroyed in a fire and therefore cannot be ripped again)?

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:09 PM

2 replies

May 10, 2015 3:32 AM in response to charlie247z

I am with you, Charlie. I loved iTunes Match at first but when it started changing the language of my tracks, uploading random sound files, changing album artwork, and, most important of all, it just doesn't work a lot of the time, I had decided I'd had enough as well. One time I even locked myself out not realizing that by changing Apple IDs I couldn't listen to my songs for three months! Ridiculous.

However... you need to make sure you turn OFF the subscription!! While I was in the middle of a big cross-country move last year and was out internet for a month, iTunes automatically renewed itself. So I was stuck with it for another year, whether I wanted it or not, because it billed me without my knowing. In iTunes Store, go to Account. In your Account section, it will say iTunes in the Cloud, and you need to turn off the auto-renew ability. Otherwise, you'll be paying for it whether you use it or not!

But if you need your music back, you need to click that cloud button next to each track. OR, you can highlight all the songs you want to download and then right click and hit "download". That is the one good thing about iTunes Match-- you had a fire, but you can recover your files at whatever quality the iTunes store has them at, so fairly high quality.

How can I get rid of Match.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.