Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

caller ID on Honda bluetooth displays number instead of name

I just purchased a 2015 Honda and the Bluetooth connects to my iPhone 6, IOS 8.3, without a problem. The ONLY issue I'm having is that when someone calls me the car displays the number instead of the name. After searching through the manuals and the setup I finally called Honda's support number and the first question they asked me was if I was using an iPhone with IOS 8.3. Evidently this is a known issue with IOS 8.3 and the tech says they have notified Apple about the issue. Is anyone else having this problem, and, if so, have you found a solution?

The Honda support tech did tell me that IOS 8.3 DID fix connectivity issues with the Honda Bluetooth, so I'm glad that works now, but evidently this is still in the works. Hoping Apple support will jump on this quickly!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2017 4:16 PM

I added the country code, in my case a +1 for the US, to all of my Iphone contacts, then backed up to Icloud, and the name is now displayed on an incoming call. However, UNKNOWN is displayed for about a second before the name appears. I have a Honda CRV 2013.

9 replies

Sep 30, 2017 12:08 PM in response to JEKB

It may not be your phone per se; I have an LG Android and finally figured out the solution for my 2015 Honda CR-V to display NAMES of my contacts calling IN: Their phone number format in my phone had to be identical to the phone number format of the caller. For me, the solution was to change ALL my phone's contacts' phone numbers to this specific format:

1[space]XXX-XXX-XXXX

Previously they had been formatted as:

(XXX)[space]XXX-XXXX

This little (but apparently significant) change now allows me to see the name of the incoming caller (who of course must be in my phone's contact list). I work with Computer Scientists and am going to see if I can pick their brains about why this changed things, but the bottom line is: IT WORKED FOR ME! I am now a happy old camper!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 13, 2015 7:48 AM in response to JEKB

Update to this post. When I talked to Honda support they told me that it was a problem with the iOS verion I updated to the current version 8.4 and sometimes the number shows, sometimes it doesn't, and it can be the same number. My wife calls and it shows her name, and then she'll call and it won't. It also doesn't seem to matter if it is incoming or outgoing calls. I also tried removing and re-adding the phone to the car with no change. I am able to use the car integration to see the phonebook on my car radio with names and numbers, so I know they are synced up.

Any help is appreciated! I know it's lazy, but I hardly recognize any numbers anymore with the help of caller ID.

Feb 12, 2016 5:03 AM in response to JEKB

Not sure if this is the same issue or not, but I noticed the same thing in our new 2016 Honda CR-V (my iPhone is at v9.2). My phone book is definitely synced.

I store all my contacts using the international dialling prefix +61 4xx xxx xxx instead of 04xx xxx xxx. When the phone call is received in the car it appears on the screen as 04xx xxx xxx and the software doesn't recognise that that is actually the same number as +61 4xx xxx xxx and hence no name is shown. If I store the numbers without the +61 prefix, then when someone calls their name will show up.

Frustrating....

Oct 23, 2016 6:13 AM in response to min242

Yes, this is very annoying. I have more or less the same problem on my Honda 2016.

Some specific numbers do not display the name on the car screen. while others numbers do.

I have noticed that some numbers on my phone are stored twice, with different names. For those cases, removing one of the contacts removes the conflicts and displays the names.

however, some other numbers still do not display names, although I'm sure they are stored only once.

I find it hard to imagine there is no solution.

caller ID on Honda bluetooth displays number instead of name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.