Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AppleCare is expired and what can I do?

I recently realized that my AppleCare got expired this month.

It's been 3 years since I bought my MacBok Pro with its AppleCare plan

but can I still make any extension?

A lot of people say once AppleCare is expired I can no longer

buy another AppleCare or ask for any extra extended years.

Is it really true Apple only allows one AppleCare per computer and

once it's expired it's over for good (unless I buy a new computer)?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 4, 2015 1:13 PM

6 replies

May 4, 2015 1:56 PM in response to Lion 2012

Apple Care is not insurance. It is a warranty extension. After a certain point, it is understood that you would have to pay for repairs. A warranty cannot last forever, even with a paid extension. If your device is still working, then you have no problem. Should something happen to the device, it is at this point that you would have to determine on your own if it is more cost worthy to pay to have it repaired, or pay to replace it. After 3 years, the cost of warranty extension would become cost prohibitive. Too expensive to extend the warranty, given the life of electronics.

May 4, 2015 2:03 PM in response to Lion 2012

Lion 2012 wrote:

So basically once AppleCare is expired it's a forever goodbye?

Some people use computers more than 4 or 5 years and TBH Apple

seems to force customers to buy new computers by giving just 3yr maximum insurance lifespan.

You are not forced to buy a new computer simply because your AppleCare runs out...

and just because it runs out, does not mean your computer is going to need service.

Many people have had and used their computer for +10 years without ever having had AppleCare.

My AppleCare is expired and what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.