Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get photos that I imported into Photos into my iPhoto?

I wasn't aware that my iPhoto application was still working once I upgraded my Mac OS. I had uploaded several times into Photos before I realized how much I hated that application. I then found out that my iPhoto was still in my applications (since it was taken off my launch apps). I want those photos put into my iPhoto so that I can be rid of Photos. How can I do this?

Thanks.

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:07 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 2:40 PM in response to ernestde

I want those photos put into my iPhoto so that I can be rid of Photos. How can I do this?

You cannot get rid of Photos, since it is installed as part of the system and specially protected like other system applications. Other parts of the system may rely on its presence.

But you can remove the icon from the Dock and ignore it.

To move the photos from Photos to iPhoto select the recently imported photos in the Photos library and use "File > Export > Unmodified Originals".

In the File Chooser panel select a folder on your Desktop.

When the export finishes drag this folder onto the iPhoto icon to import them to iPhoto.

User uploaded file

And you may want to send feedback to Apple with feature requests to improve Photos.

The feedback form is here: Apple - Photos - Feedback

how do I get photos that I imported into Photos into my iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.