Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to recover my iPhone 6 from disabled without losing my data as the backup in my iTunes is old and not updated.

Hi,

I have iPhone 6 and the after the screen has broken the phone was starting to enter random passcode from itself until its locked and disabled. I have replaced the screen with a new one and I need to make a backup of my data in the phone and not reset or restore from the phone backup in my iTunes as it's old and not updated. Kindly advise me how to make this task as I have important data I need to not lose.

Best regards,

Mohammad

<Personal Information Edited By Host>

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:50 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 4:22 PM in response to Mohammad Al-Nafisi

You cannot now. The only way to reset the passcode and remove the disabled status is to restore the device. There is no way to make a new backup now. That is actually the whole point of the passcode attempt limitation and the disabling of the device - to keep someone without the passcode from getting at your data. Once disabled, your sole single recourse is to restore it in order to be able to do anything with it.

At this point you can restore from your existing backup, or as new. Either way, you've already lost the current data on the device.

how to recover my iPhone 6 from disabled without losing my data as the backup in my iTunes is old and not updated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.