Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I've upgraded to OS 10.7.5, I no longer have access to Apple Works. What can I do?

I upgraded my MacBook Pro to 10.7.5 and no longer have access to Apple Works. How can I get it back?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:20 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 8:48 AM in response to wjinks

The excellent--and free--office productivity suite LibreOffice opens most AW text files, and maybe spreadsheets. However, the current version 4.4 requires Mac OS 10.8 or higher.

The release notes say that a slightly older version, v4.3, will still run on OS 10.6 and 10.7, but support will end later this month. this month. The older version is here:

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/?type=mac-x86_64&version=4 .3.6&lang=en-US

Because of the support ending soon, you should download it now, especially if your MacBook Pro cannot be upgraded beyond OS 10.7

Since I've upgraded to OS 10.7.5, I no longer have access to Apple Works. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.