Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Multiple iPads Connect to Same Bluetooth Device?

I use a bluetooth device to control a lyric display app, which is very useful for playing music at a gig. press the pedal, the app displays the next screen of lyrics. other member of my band use the app, but for various reasons cannot press a pedal (drummer, for instance). we want one person to be in charge of "turning the page" at the appropriate time.

my idea was to make every iPad connect to my pedal, then when I pressed the pedal, everyone's page would turn.

good theory? or does something in bluetooth prohibit such "multi" connections?

thanks for any insight. I am not currently in a position to test the hypothesis, so wanted to broach it to the community.

Chuck Puckett

www.puckettpublishing.com

www.bimini-road.com

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on May 4, 2015 1:36 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 1:42 PM in response to chuckpuckett

That would not depend on the iPhone at all, but on the device you wish to connect to. Some devices do allow multiple simultaneous connections, some don't. Even then, I've never seen a device that allows more than a pair of simultaneous connections and I'm sure there is a BT standard that caps that number as BT has limited bandwidth.

P.S. Yup, maximum connections as per BT standards is 7 but less is more typical - see Wireless input devices: Bluetooth frequently asked questions - Apple Support

Can Multiple iPads Connect to Same Bluetooth Device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.