Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my iPhone splitting up albums?

For some reason several of my albums have been split up on my iPhone (6), but iTunes says they're the same. I've tried editing the song info to give the same album/artist/album artist, and even ticking the "album is a compilation" box, but nothing seems capable of smooshing the album together on the actual phone. I recently switched from an android device, so very little of the music is bought from the iTunes store. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

User uploaded file

iPhone album is split

User uploaded file

But everything's fine on iTunes?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 1:44 PM

4 replies

Jun 28, 2015 3:52 AM in response to HMV123

I have this problem as well. Everything I loaded to iTunes from macbook was fine. I use match which is then available on iPhone. Yesterday the artist list on the iPhone went crazy. The songs are appearing under wrong artist or various. When i look via album some albums are split up 2 or more times. Something must have happened with iTunes over the last week. I hope Apple fix this problem as I have wasted a day trying to get around it. This is not great as you cannot just play one album anymore or select songs from one artist. iTunes on macbook is fine so this makes me think it is an iPhone problem.

Jul 1, 2015 4:56 AM in response to turingtest2

I was reading other posts and I thought this is happening to too many people in the last few weeks, so I decided to wait for an update. What happened? Apple released it's new Music App and it fixed everything!!! Apple probably did something in the last fe weeks getting ready and did not tell anybody that this would be fixed when this Music App became available on July 1st. Makes you mad as I read some people went to extraordinary lengths to get their library back in order. They will be raving mad now.

How do I stop my iPhone splitting up albums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.