Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make a DVD from iMovie 13 to iDVD.

First and foremost.....SHAME ON APPLE who removed the ease to do this when they created the iMovie 13! Thinking that the general public is as "tech savvy" as their employees, they took away this necessity form those of us who enjoy making DVD's and sharing them with friends/family. After tons of research online, and perusing YouTube, it can be done and I am delighted to share with all of you!

I am now making 30 copies of my PASSPORT TO ENGLAND 2015 iMovie for my students and chaperones who were on the trip with me!

So...in order to do this:

1) Create your project using iMovie 13

2) When you finish, hit SHARE and select FILE

3) Use highest settings for resolution and SAVE TO DESKTOP

4) Depending on the length of your project, this can take some time

5) When done, an icon should appear on your desktop showing your project in "mp4" format

6) Open iDVD

7) Select CREATE NEW PROJECT

8) Title your project as you desire

9) In lower left corner, select "+" and select ADD MOVIE

10) Drag your project file into the ADD MOVIE box on your screen

11) When done, select BURN button and allow the movie to fully download correctly

12) When complete, your first copy will begin to burn

13) When finished, disk will eject from DVD/CD drive of your computer

14) If you need additional copies, simply insert another blank disk

There you have it. Thanks to the many students, and adults who responded to my pleas for help to get this done! Now, YOU can do the same using iDVD.

Again....SHAME ON APPLE for taking this away from us without any warning whatsoever. Next time iMovie is upgraded, you can be rest assured that I will ask LOTS of questions before downloading!!!!!!!

Good luck and hope this helps 🙂

<Link Edited by Host>

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), null

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:57 PM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2017 10:45 AM in response to gmanrg

My first Apple computer was a LISA. Then in 1984 I bought a Macintosh. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven after previously doing DOS on a "regular" computer.

When Apple introduced iMovie HD I thought, "There is an even better place than Heaven!" Then Apple takes iMovie away from "the rest of us" and forces down our throat iMovie 11. I soon thought "What the **** am I now doing in "video editing ****?"

Steve Jobs forced this lousy video editing tool on us after one of his software engineers made this lousy video editing tool. The engineer is a fool, and I now wonder where Jobs ended up. "Up there, or down there?"

Sep 1, 2017 10:47 AM in response to Tired of Apple after 30 years

My first Apple computer was a LISA. Then in 1984 I bought a Macintosh. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven after previously doing DOS on a "regular" computer.

When Apple introduced iMovie HD I thought, "There is an even better place than Heaven!" Then Apple takes iMovie away from "the rest of us" and forces down our throat iMovie 11. I soon thought "What the "hello" am I now doing in "video editing "hello?"

Steve Jobs forced this lousy video editing tool on us after one of his software engineers made this lousy video editing tool. The engineer is a fool, and I now wonder where Jobs ended up. "Up there, or down there?"

How to make a DVD from iMovie 13 to iDVD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.