Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot eject a CD from my MacBook Pro. I tried restarting the computer and holding down the mouse and restarting it to no avail. On Finder, nothing is showing up on the CD Drive. Any ideas on how I can eject it?

I cannot eject a CD from my MacBook Pro. I tried restarting the computer and holding down the mouse and restarting it to no avail. On Finder, nothing is showing up on the CD Drive. Any ideas on how I can eject it?

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:54 PM

5 replies

May 5, 2015 1:40 AM in response to Jeff from Carlsbad

Hi Carlsbad,

Follow these simple steps to deject your disc using the Terminal on your Mac and save yourself a trip to an Apple store!

• Launch Terminal, located at Applications > Utilities
  • In the Terminal window, enter one of the following three commands:
  • If you have a single optical drive: "drutil eject" OR "drutil tray eject" (Without speech " marks)
  • If you have both an internal and external optical drive, use the appropriate command, depending on which drive has the stuck CD or DVD: "drutil eject internal" OR "drutil eject external" (...again, don't use speech marks ")
  • Press return or enter after entering one of the above commands in Terminal.
  • The stuck CD or DVD should be ejected.
  • You can quit Terminal.

Good luck 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.