Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMovie 10.0.8 does not work

User uploaded fileI have updated to the new imovie version and it does not work. I receive following error message above. I deleted imovie and installed it again, but same error. Nothing worked 😟

Posted on May 4, 2015 3:20 PM

4 replies

May 5, 2015 7:55 PM in response to strasskind

Same here. Had no trouble sharing movies to youtube prior to update to 10.0.8. After update, unable to share movies to you tube, but I can save them to file on my hard drive and upload them from within youtube. I have spoken to Apple many times about this over the past couple of weeks. They have sent my crash reports to their engineers. I have done all sorts of trouble shooting as well. They tell me they haven't had mass reports of difficulty with the update, so they don't think it is a problem on their end. I have restored back to iMovie 10.0.7, and it works fine.

Aug 14, 2015 1:15 AM in response to strasskind

I might have had the same issue.

I couldn't share to Youtube...or even make a File. I tried shutting down iMovie, and also restarting my computer. But that didn't work.

So I duplicated the project I wanted to share and the new duplicated file could finally share to Youtube. But I also shared 'Privately' so that could also have worked? I dunno.

IMovie 10.0.8 does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.