Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod 5 does not ring when I receive a FaceTime call What can I do to solved this problem

my ipod 5 does not ring when I receive a FaceTime call What can I do to solved this problem

Posted on May 4, 2015 3:31 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 2:22 PM in response to nyny-pooh

Hello nyny-pooh,

If you are only having an issue with FaceTime alert sounds, take a look at the "Sounds and Silence" section of the iPod touch User Guide:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1596/en_US/ipod_touch_user_guide.p df

Sounds and silence

You can change or turn off the sounds iPod touch plays when you get a FaceTime call, text, email, tweet, Facebook post, reminder, or other event.

Set sound options. Go to Settings > Sounds for options such as alert tones and ringtones, and ringer and alert volumes.

If you want to temporarily silence incoming FaceTime calls, alerts, and sound effects, see the following section.

Do Not Disturb

Do Not Disturb is an easy way to silence iPod touch, whether you’re going to dinner or to sleep. It keeps FaceTime calls and alerts from making any sounds or lighting up the screen.

Turn on Do Not Disturb. Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open Control Center, then tap . When Do Not Disturb is on, appears in the status bar.

Note: Alarms still sound, even when Do Not Disturb is on. To make sure iPod touch stays silent, turn it off.

Configure Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.

You can schedule quiet hours, allow FaceTime calls from your Favorites or groups of contacts, and allow repeated calls to ring through for those emergency situations. You can also set whether Do Not Disturb silences iPod touch only when it’s locked, or even when it’s unlocked.

If the issue is with your speakers on the iPod touch, take a look at this article:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203794

Take care,

- Judy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.