Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whit PHOTO how to add a name when I expert one

I upgrade recently Iphoto whit Photo.

I need to export many picture. I usually add a name when I use Iphoto. But I didn't find the same option in Photo. So whit about 100 exported picture only the IMG-9999 camera name is boring.

Tanks for any good help!

Denis

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 4, 2015 4:44 PM

6 replies

May 5, 2015 11:47 AM in response to Old Toad

I understand what you write dear Odl Toad. But it's dont fit me need.

I write a OO text and I add picture in it. I resize the original picture from 1.2mo to 20ko by export them on the desk top. If I don't do that the text file will became to heavy. I may export about 100 picture on my desk top but I use about 20 to 30 pictures in my text file. Those picture are not in order when I take it. As an exemple pictures mays start at IMG-9001 and goes up to IMG-9400. I choose the one who fit my need, export, downsize them and I add a name in one operation whit Iphoto. Exemple I want Helene at the market one picture are in the middle and one at the end in the data bank. Whit a name instead of a number thing are easier when I assemble my document.

My last text was really longer to write because I dont got an easy way to identify the picture I need. Whit photo I export picture, open it whit aperture and change title. But that need more time, twice the time Iphoto require. It"s too much time. I want an easy way to do it like Iphoto offer. If it's possible.

Just try Iphoto whit the export menu you will see what I mean. I try to add picture from Iphoto menu but sorry it's dont work.

Hope those precision help you to help me.

Denis.

May 5, 2015 12:06 PM in response to Papadenis

There's a couple of ways you can do what you want:

1 - using one of the title renaming script that are available in Photos for Mac User Tips. This gives you a lot of variation in the Title. Then export the photos via File ➙ Export XXX Photos menu option with the settings set like this:

User uploaded file

The JPEG quality level sets the file size. It may or may not be enough for what you want but you can experiment on a couple of photos.

The Use Title will name the new files as you'd like. The Size refers to the size of the image in pixels and if you send a smaller image size that will help reduce the file size a bit. Again experiment with a couple of photos.

Using the same JPEG and Size settings you've determined are good for you situation either of these two options can be used to rename the files.

2 - put the photos in an album that's titled like you'd like to have the file name be and use this option:

User uploaded file

3 - or this option:

User uploaded file

Another option is to export the photos to a folder on the Desktop with the names you'd like and resize them with a 3rd party app like Resize!.

User uploaded file

You can fine tune the file size as well as the image size with it.

Whit PHOTO how to add a name when I expert one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.