Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't export!

I need help I purchased a Mac Mini 3.1 that came with FCPX 10.9.5. I finally finished my first project, I can't export it. I Tried Share, Apple Devices 720 and 1080, I tried Master File and the progress bar comes up for about 2 seconds then disappears. Help!

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on May 4, 2015 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 10:56 AM

WWhat version are you using? There is no real progress bar. Look in the background task window to see what's going on.

6 replies

May 5, 2015 11:16 AM in response to Chuckvid

FCPX 10.6.5, OS10.9.5. I'm trying your reply now, and where I'm saving it, it has the title of the project and 4-26.m4v-TEMP. I assume once it's completely saved the temp will be gone. I'm new to FCPX and it's been kind of a shock, I've been using Final Cut Express for about seven years so I appreciate the help.

Thanks

May 5, 2015 7:02 PM in response to Chuckvid

I'm having the same problem. Three times now I have tried to share via Master File. The first two timesI searched and searched to find the master, finally, I created a subfolder within movies for just this master file and directed it to be saved in this location. I see the file appear in the folder I created, in the Background Tasks I see my project as Sharing: Transcoding "My Movie Master", but when I check back to see the finished product after 100% completion, there is NO file in the folder. I use FCPX 10.2 on an iMac 27" Yosemite 10.10.3. I'm a casual user, my work flow is to create a master file then burn the DVD or BluRay in Toast.

May 6, 2015 2:39 AM in response to Chuckvid

Chuckvid wrote:

FCPX 10.6.5, OS10.9.5. I'm trying your reply now, and where I'm saving it, it has the title of the project and 4-26.m4v-TEMP. I assume once it's completely saved the temp will be gone. I'm new to FCPX and it's been kind of a shock, I've been using Final Cut Express for about seven years so I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Is that 10.0.5? There is no FCP X 10.6.5 yet...

If it is 10.0.5, then this is several years old! You may need to update the software. Beware that going from 10.0.9 to 10.1 there were very significant changes, so you should read up on the concept of libraries and media management in 10.1 and beyond.

May 6, 2015 2:42 AM in response to Clionah

Clionah wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Three times now I have tried to share via Master File. The first two timesI searched and searched to find the master, finally, I created a subfolder within movies for just this master file and directed it to be saved in this location. I see the file appear in the folder I created, in the Background Tasks I see my project as Sharing: Transcoding "My Movie Master", but when I check back to see the finished product after 100% completion, there is NO file in the folder. I use FCPX 10.2 on an iMac 27" Yosemite 10.10.3. I'm a casual user, my work flow is to create a master file then burn the DVD or BluRay in Toast.

You may check what you have set to do after export. I usually set it to "Do Nothing", but you may want to try "Open with Quicktime Player". In case there is a weird glitch, this may give you a window of opportunity to save the file somewhere else.

It may help if you post a screenshot showing your export settings.

May 6, 2015 11:18 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Goodness, last night as I posted my comment, I again went thru the steps of sharing from FCPX (for the fourth time) as I documented them in my post, but doing nothing different than I did the other three times, but this time, it worked?!? I know 100% that I did nothing different as I'd not even read the very kind reply by Luis. I'm thankful it worked and still wary of what might be going on here, so I'm tucking Luis' advice in my bag of tricks for next time. I know I have room on my hard drive, so thanks not it.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Clio

Won't export!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.