Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV show won't play because Quicktime doesn't work with iTunes version

I downloaded episode 1 of Mad Men. When I try to play it I get this error: This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes

I read some of the other support discussions and tried to do 2 things:

(1) I tried to set iTunes to open in 32 bit mode. But, when I open iTunes after doing so, I get an error that iTunes must be opened in 64 bit mode. So, that didn't work.

(2) I tried to remove the movie, but instead of being asked whether I still wanted to keep it, it just asked me if I wanted to "hide" the movie. So, I'm not sure what this means.

How can I watch the show I downloaded? And, please provide really explicit instructions because I can't seem to follow the complicated directions some of the super smart people leave on these discussion groups.

I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch retina screen computer running Yosemite 10.10.3. I have iTunes 12.1.2.27.

Thanks,

Cameron

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 4, 2015 5:16 PM

2 replies

May 6, 2015 2:47 PM in response to MissionGirlSF

Hi MissionGirlSF,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are seeing an alert while trying to play a TV show in iTunes that says you are required to have QuickTime. To resolve this situation, please read over the information in the attached article.

If you see a "This movie requires QuickTime" message in iTunes 12.1 or later - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

TV show won't play because Quicktime doesn't work with iTunes version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.