Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

split energy drink on mac, all keys work but not track pad. what should i do?!

HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! I split energy drink on mac, all keys work but not track pad it doesn't move or click. What should i do?! help please

Posted on May 4, 2015 5:03 PM

7 replies

May 4, 2015 5:40 PM in response to natalieeeeeeeeeeeee

Here's my standard blurb about a water incident:

"Whenever a liquid spill occurs the first thing that has to happen is the laptop should be shut down immediately. All power must be removed as soon as possible.

It is especially important that the battery be disconnected and removed.

No attempt should be made to start/restart the computer since this could potentially damage the logic board beyond all repair.

All affected parts must be removed from the laptop and carefully and closely inspected. Any involved area should be marked for special treatment.

Then all affected parts must be washed in deionized water containing a special cleaner in a cycling ultrasonic cleaner and blown dry with compressed air.

This is especially true of the large chips on the logic board. Liquid can wick under them and cause havoc for weeks if not months and years after the incident, depends on the liquid. That's why you can't just let it dry out and think that it's OK because that liquid under those large chips will ultimately destroy them.

Then the logic board should be placed in a drying/dehumidifing oven for 24 hours or more. Longer depending on the spill.The keyboard is a separate matter.

"The drink went over the trackpad and the right side of the keyboard, how much will the repair be for this?"

If you take it to Apple they will replace the logic board and the upper case. They do not do sub board repairs and a liquid will void your AppleCare or warranty.

Where are you located?

split energy drink on mac, all keys work but not track pad. what should i do?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.