Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The notification center for my ipod touch 5g is not coming down.

The notification center on my ipod touch 5g has started to not come down all the way. When I try to bring it down the arrow for it is all the way on the right side of the screen, and it only comes down half way. In order for me to close out of it I have to press the home button.

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:57 PM

Hi jared544,

As I understand it your Notification Center is partway off the screen so you cannot close it or use it correctly. I would start by quitting the Settings app:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

That should get it working correctly again but let me know if it doesn't. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 2:57 PM in response to jared544

Hi jared544,

As I understand it your Notification Center is partway off the screen so you cannot close it or use it correctly. I would start by quitting the Settings app:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

That should get it working correctly again but let me know if it doesn't. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

The notification center for my ipod touch 5g is not coming down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.